Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Break!






I am so happy to be on spring break this week--giving me a chance to be home with Kate all day long:) I'm in heaven. We went to the library, to Gymboree Play and Music, to the vet, to Salsa babies and today we are going the Dr. for more shots:( Tomorrow we'll go swimming with Kate's best friend, Addison. Kate is so close to crawling. She can scoot well, but also gets up on all fours. She loves to stand, and would love to be cruising along our windowsills--not too long! I'm trying hard not to help her all the time and to let her figure out how to move on her own, so she has started to get a few bumps and bruises.


As for eating, she's had apples, banana, teething cookies, sweet potato and onion...yes, onion. Loren gave her onion the other day. No reaction. She isn't too interested in eating other than nursing. She is in a very pinchy phase of nursing right now...she opens and closes her little fingers and squeezes my skin. I got a "nursing necklace" which has virtually solved the problem! She loves the necklace, and it is baby safe, so we are happy:)


I'm also pretty sure that Kate understands the word "Stella." She loves Stella and squeals with delight when she sees her. Stella, on the other hand, is a little wary of the now mobile thing that squeezes skin and pulls hair!

No comments: