Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wisdom in childrens' books

From "I Knew You Could" by Craig Dorfman

You'll go through tunnels, surrounded by dark,
And you'll wish for a light or even a spark.
You might get scared or a little bit sad,
Wondering if maybe your track has gone bad.
So here's some advice to help ease your doubt:
The track you took in must also go out.

So steady yourself and just keep on going--
Before you know it, some light will be showing.
And then you'll be out, heading to a new place.
You'll be ready for the next tunnel you face.

Sometimes you'll look up and see planes in the sky,
And you'll think to yourself, "I wish I could fly."
The cars on the roads will seem quick and free--
You'll feel stuck on your track and think, "I wish that was me."

But the plane might wish he could get out of the air,
Saying, "I wish I could travel like that train down there."
The cars will watch as you speed right along,
And they'll say to each other,
"Look, how fast and how strong!"
Don't worry about not being a car or a plane.
Just enjoy the trip you'll take as a train.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We sure can learn a lot from children's books, it is so true. Thanks for sharing.