Thursday, March 11, 2010

The garden is waking up!

Kent and Debbie helped me to make the garden I've been dreaming about for the past few cold months. It is loosely based on the Square Foot Gardening method except the author has 4x4 foot raised beds and I have four 2x14 foot beds. This is in the space where my garden was last year, but more organized now! And check out the trellis in the back!! We turned over the existing soil, put up the boards to separate it, amended the soil and put in step stones. It is beautiful! I am very excited. I moved the strawberries and spinach and lettuce that survived the winter to their appropriate spots in the grid.

...and here is my seed starting station in our master bathtub:) So far we've got parsley, brussels, basil, peppers, eggplant and marigolds up!


I'll keep posting updates of the garden as it grows and as the weather gets nicer and nicer!

No comments: