Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Like mother like daughter

We've had quite a busy past few months with moving, new jobs, new preschool, new home, etc. We've finally found a church that seems to fit us pretty well (although they do serve free doughnuts every Sunday which really is annoying) and it is a bit far to drive, but we think it is worth it--at least for now.

Kate has really been thriving in her new preschool. She can now write her own name, and is very interested in writing in general. She asks me to spell words to her so she can write things on paper all the time. And she loves cutting and pasting. She is quite the little craftster. Not surprising, I guess, considering her mother's love for sewing!

Speaking of sewing, remember that kids sewing machine Annie gave Kate for Christmas? Well, here it is in action. I love that she has her scissors and cell phone ready next to the machine and she is wearing her slippers that are just like ones that I have. Really reminds you that kids are always watching! The baggie in the bottom of the photo is her scrap bag where I put all my little pieces and she uses them to cut and sew on her own machine.


Speaking of new machines...I was dying to get an embroidery machine and I finally did--I got a cheap one off craigslist, but look what it can do! Sneak peaks of Kate's spring wardrobe:


I'm currently in San Diego for a dental teacher's conference, which is why I actually had time to get a long overdue post up!

3 comments:

mermaids said...

Kate looks adorable at her little sewing machine. She has such a good role model.

LB said...

Kate is toooooo cute! I looooove the pictures! I wish that I could be Kate's photographer in Texas. I love that little sewing machine that Kate has. You guys are two peas in a pod! I miss you guys so much!!! xoxo, LB

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Glad to be able to catch up on your BLOG. Looks like Kate is a chip off the old block for sure! Miss you!