Tuesday, March 17, 2009

T-11 days

The countdown to spring break is on! 11 more days until Mexico! The inservice exam today went about as expected...I got to question #25 before I ran into one that I was actually confident that I knew. Oy. At least it is over and behind me now! I'm off to work on a statistics assignment this afternoon, and I have another review of my oral health literacy research proposal on Friday, but I think I deserve some sewing time, don't you?? I've got to get some felt food cut out to take to do in Mexico on the beach...

My sewing machine was acting up, so I took it to the shop for some help. Turns out I was using some goofy kind of thread, but the tension was also off. I felt a little silly when they asked me why I was using the thread (umm...because that was what I had and it was the color I wanted). Always lots to learn. Too bad I'll never know everything!



Here is my first dress attempt for Kate, not totally finished, but close. I still need to hem and sew the bows on permanently and put buttons on the straps. I copied a dress that she already has that I liked. It is reversible. This one is pretty plain, but I think now that I've made a pattern for it, I could do some variations. I saw some beautiful fabric at the fabric store when I was there for my machine, but I refrained from buying it because my husband has been watching the credit card transactions recently...(shhhh). Ok, time for statistics...yuck...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute dress. Too bad it didn't work to have Kate come with Loren. Hopefully next time... Have a great time on your trip.