Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A conversation with Kate

This is the conversation Kate and I had in the car today on the way home from Loren's USGS picnic. She was particularly chatty:

Me: Kate, do you remember what we are doing tomorrow afternoon?

Kate: Go airplane, Aunt Beedoh's wedding. Go airport? Go airplane? Bumpy? Bring ummm...(something I couldn't understand) seat with us?

Me: bring what with us?

Kate: what's this Mommy? (pats car seat)

Me: The car seat

Kate: yeah. bring car seat with us? buckle car seat. wear seat belt.

Me: yes, we are going to the airport to get on the airplane and you can bring your car seat.

Kate: Flower girl! Pretty dress.

Me: Yes, you have a pretty dress. What will we do at Aunt Beedoh's wedding?

Kate: Walk down the aisle? Mommy walk down the aisle, Kate walk down the aisle, Daddy walk down the aisle.

Me: yes, that's right.

Kate (now distracted): I see cars Mommy! They driving. We can't get them. They not ours. Ours right here (pats the car). We driving too. The same! Actually, this is my car. Not Daddy's car. It's mine's. It's Mommy's car. I see a truck. It's not ours. We can't get it. Too hard. Where Daddy's truck? Daddy probably working. Do hokey pokey mama?

I love being able to have these little conversations with her! She moves fast, though. You have to be paying attention because the topics change quickly!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those little conversations are certainly a blast. I am glad you are writing them down- a reminder to me that I need to do the same thing! Hope to see you soon!