Monday, August 17, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

Wow, how in the world did it get to be mid-August? Summer has gone so quickly for us. I traveled to Chicago yet again for Beedoh's bachelorette party, which was lots of fun and I've had the last week and this week totally off from school. Kate and I have been having SO much fun. I've caught up on lots of things I've been meaning to do including cleaning my house, planting lettuce in the garded and posting to the blog of course.

We went camping last week and a nice camping trip went bad when Loren's wallet and phone were stolen by some high school kids who went out for steak dinners and filled up all of their cars with gas on our credit cards.

Camping photos:


After this week, the chaos begins again. We are going to Kerr Lake for the upcoming weekend for the annual Thomas family lake trip (my mom's uncle and cousins). Then the following weekend we are headed off to Beedoh's wedding in Iowa City. The next weekend will be Alison's bachelorette party, a visit from Val and Kate's birthday. My mom comes on Sept 8 and Beedoh comes on Sept 14 (straight from her honeymoon in Australia!).


Kate has been active as usual. She politely refuses to use the potty, "no thank you mama" when asked, and has picked up saying "ummm" when she is thinking (now where did she get that from??). She can tell you different shapes and the colors we've been working on are finally starting to stick (for a while everything was green). She loves singing "twinkle twinkle," "Jesus Loves Me" and "doggie name-o"(=BINGO) and can buckle her own car seat straps.

Kate's puppy: put in time out by Kate



Kate is also tall enough now to get things off the counter.




Taking baby for a walk



and talking on the phone...Kate constantly asks to call people..."call Beedoh? call Annie? talk to BradenRyderColby? call Uncle Alex? talk to Nana?" She picks up the phone and says "Hi Beedoh. How are you? I'm fine. See ya later!"


No comments: