I've decided to try to make up a sewing plan for the fall. This way, I can get a fairly coordinated wardrobe for Kate and be a little more efficient at utilizing my fabrics. Most of these patterns are from Ottobre issues 03/2010 and 04/2010 or they are Farbenmix patterns that I have or from the Farbenmix book "Sewing Clothes Kids Love." I'll keep everyone posted on the progress (or lack thereof!). August and September will likely not be very productive because I have interviews at Iowa and Penn and I'm taking the real written perio boards and doing a teaching workshop and need to work on turning in my portfolio to graduate (hmm...doesn't sound like so much time to sew, but I'm sure I'll find it! It really helps me relax and let go of the stress of everything mentioned above). Remember I can only work on this after about 8:30pm each night!!
So far, it has cost me actually calculated $65 to gather probably about 90% of the materials, notions, etc. Not bad, considering how much this would cost to purchase at the store!!
Any volunteers to help :) I'll send you my fabric and patterns!! Wish me luck!!

3 comments:
looks like a great plan. those chez ami fabrics make planning a wardrobe so much easier. :)
Wow! I can't wait to see Kate sporting all of these outfits. I'm sure each piece will be adorable.
I guess I am really slow. Did you put that page together, or did you find it somewhere? How did you get the swatches on there with the sketches of the clothes?
Looks great by the way. Great work. But only 1 dress?
Post a Comment