Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Where do I even begin? 3. Garden

My garden has really taken off in the last few weeks. I have:
Basil: Huge! Froze a bunch yesterday, maybe will try to dry some next week
Chives: doing well. Put them in everything we eat!
Cucumbers: lots ready to harvest, what am I going to do with all of them?!?
Zucchini: almost ready
Broccoli: had one for dinner last night, others are starting to grow heads (slight caterpillar problem with these guys...)
Lettuce: almost done for the spring season. We've had salads almost every night
Onions: some ready to be cured
Tomatoes: lots of big green ones
Green Beans: flowering now
Long Beans: flowering now
Random Beans planted by Braden and Ryder: flowering now
Hot Peppers: tiny fruits now appearing
Banana Peppers: green ones just about to ripen
Bell Peppers: blooming now
Spinach: maybe the one failure...I think the seeds went in too late and now they are shaded by the giant zucchini
Bok Choi: some bolted, some ok. I think they are too hot now.
My flowers are so pretty right now as well! Blooming right now I have lots of roses (pink and red knockouts), daylilies, salvia, hostas, yellow and white black-eyed-susans, pink coneflowers, catmint, pansies (almost too hot), astilbe and veronica.
May:


June:


No comments: