Friday, June 12, 2009

Where to even begin? 1. Kate

Sorry, I'm a slacker. I love my summer schedule and I'm really enjoying it! I've done a bunch of new sewing projects (and still have a bunch on my to do list) that I need to post, tons of gardening and cooking. I think I'm going to do separate posts to get all caught up, though. This first will be on my favorite subject: Kate!
Still to come: Vermont trip, Projects, Garden, Chinese dumpling lessons

She is talking so much! It is really a lot of fun. She can tell us what is wrong, tell us what she needs and has whole conversations with us! I can ask her what happened during her day and she can remember and relate it back to me. For example, she had a bruise on her head the other day and I asked her how she got it. She told me she fell out of bed during her nap that day. Talking is pretty useful huh?!?

Kate picked up occasionally calling me "Meggan" instead of "Mommy" from her cousins. Ok fine. But what is really funny is that she thinks Loren's name is "Ryan". What?

This is Kate showing what you do with wet diapers "Squeeeeeeeee it" I've got to get a video. It is so funny!


Terrible twos: T-3 months until Kate's 2nd birthday, but we are starting a bit of ornery-ness. The other day she didn't want to take an afternoon nap and was pretty wound up. When I came back to her room to tell her to go to sleep, she was jumping on the bed saying "naughty, naughty". So I know she knows she is being disobedient. I guess at least she knows...we just have to work on that self control...

No comments: